How to manage Avast popup notifications
Avast Antivirus displays notifications about other available Avast products, as well as information related to Avast activity. You can manage these notifcations in Avast settings.
Manage popup notifications
- Open the Avast user interface and click Settings.
- Ensure the General tab is selected, then click the downward facing arrow next to Popups to expand the panel.
- Manage the following notifcation options:
- Show popup offers for other Avast products: sends notifications about others ways you can improve your protection. If you use a paid version of Avast Antivirus, you can untick this option to disable popups.
- Set the length of time that the following types of popup messages are displayed:
- INFO: displays notifications about general Avast activity.
- UPDATE: displays information about program and virus definitions updates.
- WARNING: displays warnings about possible risks, such as opening an unknown file.
- ALERT: notifies you about threat detections and other important incidents.
The default time setting for Avast notifications is 20 seconds
. If you do not want to see these popups, you can set the time duration to 0 seconds
or enable Silent Mode
- Click OK.
- Avast Premier 17.x
- Avast Internet Security 17.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 17.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit